Thank you, Lord, for these things this week:
1. Our families who love us so much and do so much for us! My parents’ safe trip to NC and all of their help clearing out the backyard. John’s parents’ gifts that are so nice and make things easier for us.
2. Sustaining John through another week of work.
3. That this is my last full week of work for the summer so that I can take care of John full time.
4. All of the prayers people are praying for us especially the ones from complete strangers. That God is using this experience to bring people to Him and creating conversations between Himself and believers and nonbelievers here on earth.
5. God’s continual voice through circumstances, people, and His Word. Almost daily we receive hope from Him, and we are very grateful.
6. The health care and insurance we have. John’s doctors and the transplant team. The possibility of a new heart and an improved life for John.
Dear Lord, please hear these prayers this week and answer them in your will and timing:
1. That John will feel better and his heart will continue to sustain him
2. For wisdom about how much longer John should continue working so that his health is not compromised
3. For provision for us financially and emotionally as we face the months ahead. That we will continue to trust You for all of our needs and know that You will take care of us always
4. That the insurance company will complete their negotiations with the hospital and that we will be officially listed for a heart
5. Of the hearts that become available in the next few months, that one is perfect for John and predetermined by You to become the new heart that gives him a fulfilling life so that he can serve You for many more years on earth
6. That the heart comes in Your timing and will
7. For the heart donor. That he is a Christian and will experience eternal life in heaven with You. That You will begin now to give him and his family comfort, love, and peace, and that if they do not know You, they will come to know You through this experience.
8. For the nurses, doctors, social worker, coordinators, surgeons, and psychologists on the transplant team. That You will give them wisdom and guidance when caring for John.
9. That John’s employer continues to be compassionate and understanding. That people will see this situation through Your eyes.
10. That lives will continue to be saved by You through our experience and that we will continue to honor and glorify You each day
11. For peace, rest, and hope that You are in control. That our souls will not become overwhelmed, but that we will remember and rest in Your truths each day.